Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Waterfalls of Iguazu


Maybe not the biggest or the highest waterfall sin the world, Iguazu was still impressive enough to make Eleanor Roosevelt exclaim :"Poor Niagara falls!". Coming from the Rio Igua, the falls are in total 82 meters high, and single drop of 64 meters, 2.700 meters wide. 1,746 cubic meters of water pass through it each sec! For the moment, there is a lot of water, like 7x what they usually hav, which is way I finally decided to drop Santiago de Chili and come here instead. Nothing compared to their record, when they had 12,799 cubic meters / sec!

All that water flowing started me going as well, so i I decided to help out... This part of the waterfall is called the Devil's Throat... Wonder if he's mad ;-)



But even more enjoyable then the falls I thought, were the numerous and colourfull butteflies dashing around everywhere. They seem to have gradually disappeared since my childhood without me even noticing, and it was nice to see them again...


After this, going on through Paraguay to Bolivia, and then either to Lima or to Santiago de Chili, depending from where I can get the cheapest flight back.

No comments: