Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

From the highest capital in the world... Euh, not!

Yep, made it to La Paz, here in Bolivia, which most of you (me included thought was the capital, but non, that is Le Sucre - so next time you want to dazzle your friends with country-capital games, you got a good one, better then Australia - Canberra or South Africa - Pretoria). SO, yeah, fom a staggering 4000m above sea level, cold and I am sick as a dog. On the 30h bus ride (that of course got stuck), I got served some suspicious meat and knwoing better, I ate it all... Spent the rest of the trip wondering whether I had to puke or shit first. Anyway, got into Santa Cruz, in the east of Bolivia, where I met up with Doctor Guilherme, my good friend fom Haiti, who happened to be in santa cruz as well, saving me the 10h trip to the town where he is based, San Ignacio (supposedly having really nice Baroc music though, so we'll have to come back to check on that).

After a coffee in the local Irish pub, took the night bus to La Paz, another 18h (this time I took the most comfy one though, at a staggering price of 30Euro). So, here I am now, wondering how soon I'll be feeling better and what my next destination is going to be. Lake Titicaca with Copacabana seems the most obvious choice, and then either Santiago de Chili or Lima, according to whatever plane ticket I find. Never had soooooo many problems finding an online ticket, incredible. This one only does paper tickets, this takes only UK credit cards, the other ones are just way toooooo expensive... We'll keep looking, and hope to make it back soon anyway...

No comments: