Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Loic, my godchild has just arrived!


Yesterday evening, we'd already turned in, at 23.30, the phone starting ringing. I must admit, it is sort of a shock. It is one of the first times I get a phone call so late, so it was funny to see what my reaction was. You just can't help wondering if it is bad news, to be calling that late. "Oh, I hope my parents are okay." "Hope it isn't any bad news for Bart". I could actually imagine a bit of those thoughts that would run through a parent's head. 

But it turned out to be the best news ever: my brother, Bart was on the phone from Belgium. The minute I heard his voice, I could guess what he was calling about. His wife Dominique had given birth, and all was well. Little boy, 2.9kg, named Loïc.

Le prénom Loïc est un dérivé de Louis. Les racines germaniques "Hlod-" et "-wig" signifient "gloire" et combat". Au fil des siècles et des monarchies, le prénom est passé de Hlodowig à Louis. 

Gosh, I am so glad! It is a bit of a weird feeling, being so far away and all, but my mind keeps going back to it. I have been looking up headlines for today's papers, the top 10 songs for this week, the name, all such. Thought it would be cool for Loïc to read later on, once he bigger, what were the headlines at the time, listen to music that was in fashion the date he was born... Shame our internet connection isn't that great, if not, I could do so much more. 
But I will definitely come back to Belgium for the party (12th of July). Have been pestering Volens to go ahead and make the booking, but it's been taking some time...

1 comment:

Annick M. said...

Hey! Proficiat aan de trotse peter en aan de ouders!

Vele groetjes!
Annick & Cie