Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 6, 2006

going back home

Yes, sniff, another stay over, another goodbye, another city to turn my back on. Wish goodbyes got easier as we went along, that we would get used to it, but the opposite seems true. Seem to grow attached to people more each time...
I´ll miss the people I have met here, and some of the good things we did (and also some of the good things I unfortunately didn´t get to do)... As Stephen King wrote, ot´s the goodbyes that we hear and say that make us know we are still alive... And that from Stephen King of all people.

Changed my ticket to go back to Brasil. So, plans for now:
- from 8th Oct. till 13 November 06: staying in Belgium, applying for jobs in Latin America (since there doesn't seem to be much in the market for the moment, don't think I can restrict myself to only Brasil). Am also going to do some testimonies in classes about my life in Haiti, in French or religion classes. And of course see the friends and family again... Which were a bit pissed off that I left so often during the past three months that I was supposed to spent in Belgium.
- 13th till 18th Nov. : Spain, Granada and Malaga. Way too long that I have been to that special spot in my heart.
- 18th till 22nd Nov. : Lisboa (well, saying goodby knowing that I'd be back made it easier...).
And than back off to Rio, Brasil, either to work, volunteer or travel...

Just one to close off with, from Dan Simmons: "Life is but a spiral that starts out at an infite potential and winds down to zero."

No comments: