Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Flight from Delhi to Leh

Now that I've finished my three week field visits in India, with two weeks in Tamil Nadu (south) and one week in Mumbai and Delhi, working every single day and often evenings as well, high time for some holiday to recover. So I'm meeting up with Thomas and Annick in Leh, up north, to go mountain trekking.

It was without a doubt the most beautiful flight I have ever taken. Even if it meant I had to get up at 3.30 in the morning to catch the 5am flight from Delhi, we got to see the sunrise over the snow peaked mountains, with clouds as white blankets.





Words nor my pictures (and some I found on the web) do it justice...

Now checked into my hotel in Leh, Lahdak, awaiting Thomas and Annick who'll arrive tomorrow. And yes, as it is at an altitude of 3.500m, the first symptoms of altitude sickness are kicking in, headaches and a bit nauseous...

No comments: