Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Change of plans and of destinations (destinies?)

  • Went to my job interview and training of the British NGO International Service that had a post as Capacity builder for an NGO in Recife, Brasil (see blog posted below) and after two days of intensif (but fun) talks, analysis, games and discussions, turns out that that particular post is more about monitoring projects, evaluation etc. Translation: writing reports and looking for funds. At least for the majority of the time... Which isn't my strong suit, nor do I want to fall in that trap of getting stuck behind a desk, inventing nice phrases to say little and get as much as possible...
  • So, think I'll turn back to my strength: advocacy and networking. International Service is going to keep my CV on file for that kind of posts for one year, and I won't have to go through these two days again, but I can hardly hold my breath waiting for that, as you can well understand...
  • Entao, until mid January '07, am going to continue looking and applying. If unsuccesfull, then I'll have to make the hard choice between using my ticket back to Brasil without something waiting for me there, or spend the rest of the Belgian winter here... Hum, though one that ;-)

No comments: