Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Settling in

So, in the house, and discovering little joys... and challenges.


I had my first tomato salad, with the tomatoes growing in our garden. We had about 6kg of them,  which meant I have tomatoes now coming out of my ears.


Cooking on our brand new stove. Though not induction, it's still pretty sweet.


Our didi, called Devi, who helps out in the house, and insisted I take a selfie with her (not in my habit)...

And this is how we are furnishing the house. Mostly second hand, through online ads, and lots of bicycling around the city to look at stuff. And when we do find something we like, get a riksja to help us transport it, which has made for quite a number of stressful hours during the hectic trafic in Kathmandu.
See Thomas helping out during a stretch that was very uphill...


Full moon rising. For my birthday tomorrow, and also a sort of house warming, we've planned a classic: a game of werewolf. We've invited the couple of friends we've made and are looking forward to spending a Friday the 13th, with a full moon, playing my favorite game....

1 comment:

Leslie Taylor said...

How fun!! I remember playing that with you guys in Zim and then later on our trip when we were in France, I saw the game at a store and picked it up. Unfortunately the instructions are in French, but maybe I will have to visit you guys in Nepal soon so I can remember how it goes! I finish school in December and I am thinking it will be time for a nice, long holiday around the world :)