Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 15, 2013

Bissau - Expected internet silence

Our luxury stop is over. We left the Bijagos archipelago and notorious Solange, in a plane driven by a Thomas, a young French pilot who we'd had drinks with. He humored us by performing a 0G moment (Zero-Gravity): you know, when the downward motion of a plane cancels out gravity, and you become weightless. Next thing I knew, I looked next to me to see our luggage floating through the air. He also let me fly the plane for a couple of seconds (well, that is to say, I held the steering wheel and moved left and right very carefully once). It made my day, and two more firsts to add to our list!

Main square in Bissau.
After two nights in the dusty but pleasant capital of Bissau, we'll be making our way through what seems to be the roughest part of our trip, to long and winding road to Conacry.
Long way round, 24 to 48h to be expected, all with taxis brousses and a lot of patience, you can see our stops on the Google Map, which I update regularly (where we are currently is pinpointed by the thumbnail).

We need to get there by Monday, as we have our plane to Abidjan on the 19th at 6.30am. We don't expect any internet on the way, so no worries if you all is quiet on the Western African front. For anything urgent, send a text to Thomas' Belgian number!

No comments: