Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Couchsurfing 2009: the numbers

Out of curiosity, I checked how many people we hosted in 2009 through Couchsurfing, a website that allows you to be hosted or host travellers, mostly backpackers, and tell them about your life and work in a place.

Last year I received 135 emails through CouchSurfing, of which 56 were requests to be hosted. In total, I hosted 35 people (not counting Thomas' hosted people), for I would estimate an average of three days (some stayed only one night, others a LOT longer). All this is not counting friends or families staying over, or the volunteers that often crashed at our place as well... We're thinking of putting up a sign: BnT Hostels, what do you think?

3 comments:

Leslie Taylor said...

Your hostel could have the coolest hostel game nights in the WHOLE WORLD!

Bart D said...

I'm coming!

Bloggar said...

Agree :)